Do you occasionally need help?
With collecting prescriptions, getting to a hospital or doctors appointments. Shopping lifts to Biggleswade,banks or Post Office, small household practical tasks or emergency minor repairs,Lawn cutting, shopping, dog walking, Form filling, letter writing Or maybe you just need someone to talk to?
Then we can help. All you have to do is phone 07926 021155
DUNTON RECREATION ASSOCIATION PAVILION:
There are plans to extend the kitchen and in preparation for that a path will be constructed behind the pavilion building. Groundwork has started which meant clearing the area and preparing it for concreting. A big thank you to Mark Tomsett of MTB Building Services for driving the digger which was supplied by Buildbase of Sandy and Daniel Eaton who removed the soil and rubble.
DRA “100 CLUB” RESULTS:
1ST PRIZE NO. 129
2ND PRIZE NO. 112
3RD PRIZE NO. 128
4TH PRIZE NO. 119
5TH PRIZE NO. 7
1ST PRIZE NO. 43
2ND PRIZE NO. 44
3RD PRIZE NO. 47
4TH PRIZE NO. 70
5TH PRIZE NO. 161
The Pavilion is open from 11am to 12 noon on Tuesdays. All welcome. Just pop in for a cuppa and a chat.
Please remember that the pavilion is available to hire
for private functions.
DRAFT LOCAL PLAN: This includes several thousand new homes between Biggleswade and Dunton. Parish Council held a meeting this week to discuss potential objections. Consultation ends on August 29 and you can see the plan and give feedback at www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/localplan or write to them at Chicksands.
GYPSY and TRAVELLER SITE: Despite objections raised by Parish Council and several village residents work starts this September for planned completion in December 2018. Parish Council have called a meeting on Wednesday, September 13 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall. It is planned to set up a working party to liaise with Central Beds over the development.
Dunton Great Weekend Comment Board
In Support of Jo Cox’s campaign to combat loneliness this comment board was written on by visitors to the church during the Big Weekend:
WE HAVE MORE IN COMMON THAN THAT WHICH DIVIDES US
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT DUNTON:
• It is a community that cares
• Feels like part of a big lovely family
• Very peaceful, lovely people ( and niice cider)
• The March Hare;Dunton Community Garden, Folk nights
• ME TOO!
• I don’t live here but the church is my spiritual home- the friendliest I’ve ever known
• Nice church; lovely vicar
• The friendly people
• Because there is always someone there
• People who care- a lovely community
• The peace and tranquility feeds the soul
• Fantastic community, great people, superb folk music
• Great welcoming community and a sense of belonging
• My Friend !!!
• Lovely people who care
• Lovely people
• We must all be doing something great for the Dunton Community- witness this great weekend. I’ve lived here 40 (odd) years abd it gets better.
• Its where I belong!
celebrating a GREAT WEEKEND IN DUNTON.
HERE ARE details of the 2017 programme